RAISING £35,000 FOR A VARIETY CLUB SUNSHINE COACH
FUNDRAISING TO GIVE YOUNG PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES INDEPENDENCE & ADVENTURE
Synecore held its first Charity Golf Day in 2017. Our target at the time was £12,000 and we thought that was ambitious, but we needn’t worry. The generosity of our guests, sponsors and colleagues was overwhelming. We exceeded our target and we continue to do so year after year.
Our guests clearly share our sentiment for giving young people opportunities to be independent and experience new adventures as part of their education and socially.
With the support of our guests and sponsors, we decided to aim higher and make more of an impact. So in 2018 we teamed up with The Variety Club Children’s Charity Golf Society to facilitate the purchase of a Sunshine coach for a local SEN school.
Many of the children that benefit from having a Sunshine coach would find a seemingly simple journey challenging, even terrifying at times without the right support. These coaches give children with varying disabilities a sense of freedom and the opportunity to travel safely with their friends and any specialist support they may need.
It is with great pride that the Synecore Charity Golf Day facilitates the purchase of a brand new coach for a SEN school in Kent every year.
Over the years, we have seen first hand what a difference these coaches make to young people, their families, their schools and their friends. And if, by merely having a fun-filled day on the golf course we can make a significant contribution to their lives, why wouldn’t we?
It’s this sentiment that has driven us all to make the Synecore Charity Golf Day a huge success story.
We are grateful to all our sponsors who make this event possible. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please see our sponsorship page and our different packages available.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
If you are joining us for the first time and unfamiliar with the running of the day, here’s what you need to know:
- You will need to register with the Synecore golf team first to receive your tee time, then you can enjoy a bacon roll and beverages (dietary requirements are catered for).
- Upon arrival you can purchase raffle tickets and an all-inclusive ticket for £25, which secures free-flowing drinks, snacks and confectionary on the course all day from our dedicated refreshment cart. Alcoholic and soft drinks are included.
- The Sunshine coach will be presented to our chosen school before players tee off. This is your opportunity to see what a difference your contributions makes to the lives of young people and their school.
- Tee times will commence after the presentation.
- Players will pass our free on-course bar for a refreshing Pimms, gin and a light bite. Donation buckets will be on the course all day, so please bring a pocket full of change!
- Upon completing the course, guests can change for dinner (dress code is smart causal – no jeans or trainers please and a jacket is preferred).
- Throughout the evening, there is a host of entertainment, including a charity auction, comedy, games, raffle and awards.
- Carriages are from 00:00.